|Our first attempt at Butterbeer.|
"Butterbeer is the drink of choice for younger wizards. Harry is first presented with the beverage in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Although House-elves can become intoxicated on Butterbeer, the amount of alcohol contained in Butterbeer has a negligible effect on Witches and Wizards. J.K. Rowling said in her interview to Bon Appétit magazine that she imagines it "to taste a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch." Butterbeer can be served cold or hot but either way it has a warming effect." - WikipediaThere has lately been a big buzz for the recipe of Butterbeer, which is available to purchase from 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter' theme park at Universal Orlando. Although we'd never tried the drink before, Anj, Rhed, Maddy and I set out to try and create a recipe of what we imagined Butterbeer would taste like. We think this recipe is a cracker, so I wanted to share it with the interwebz. It was very easy to make and it tasted perfect. We chose to make it warm and slightly alcoholic, but it can be made cold sans the alcohol.
What You Will Need:
- 1 Litre of vanilla ice-cream
- 1 Litre of Cream Soda
- Bottle of Toffee Syrup
- Bottle of Butterscotch Schnapps
- Add ice-cream to a blender, and pour cream soda on top. Blend together until the ice-cream is well mixed into the soda and the mixture is consistent.
- Add the desired amount of toffee syrup into the blender with the mixture, and blend until it's mixed it.
- Pour a small (or a lot, it's your choice) amount of the butterscotch schnapps into the glasses, and then add the mixture, making sure to leave a little space between the mixture and the top of the glass (as the foam will rise eventually).
- Microwave for one minute in the microwave on high heat. The foam will separate to the top and the drink will now be warm and ready to drink.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did. It'd be good fun to drink Butterbeer, or the remaining schnapps, while playing The Harry Potter Drinking Game!
|Looking pleased with our work!|